Friday, March 8, 2013

See You When I See You


Yesterday, I told you I had a lot of cousins.  I do.  And I'm close to most all of them.  Even my 3rd, 4th, and 5th ones.

But one of them is extra special to me.  She's one of the few family members I have from my dad's side.  And after knowing her my entire life, in the last 6 years she's become more than family to me.  She's become one of my very best friends.

And she's leaving me tomorrow.

She has found her dream job and dream man in another state.  And she's moving away.  I can't fathom trying to say goodbye in person.  So here goes nothing...

 

Dearest Cousin:

The past six years have been so much fun.  All the therapy sessions; all the shopping; all the trips, and lastly (and most importantly) all the concerts.

All.  The.  Concerts.  (I lost count after a dozen.  I almost posted pictures from them all, but that would take several...several...several blog posts.) 

We could probably buy a new car for all the money we've spent on concert tickets.  But I wouldn't trade it. 

You have become like a second big sister to me.  You have become a confidante for me, a counselor, and a best friend.

I am so very, very proud of you.  To see all that you've been through and how you've handled it is an testimony  your strength and God's grace. 

From our countless trips to see Jason, to our adventures to visit Trackpants, to stuffing dozens of bags for the Ladies conference, to our Family Feasts... you have given me memories that I will cherish forever.  I will miss you more than I can ever actually voice.  Driving by your little white house and knowing you're not just a 10 minute trip away will make me so sad.  But I can't wait to see what God has in store for you.  I can't wait for all the shopping at your new house.  And all the concerts and sporting events you'll be able to sneak me into.

I wish you nothing but the very best of luck.  I expect texts, emails, and pictures often.  After the excitement wears off, come see me and come see me often.  There will be no one here to replace you.  Your seat in my van will be empty. 

I love you so much, Cousin. 

See you when I see you...

 

1 comment: