Friday, June 3, 2011

Working from Home is Breaking the Bank

I love being able to work from home.
Roll out of bed at 7:25.  At the desk by 7:30.

It's amazing.
But working from home has it's drawbacks.
I need noise.  Not like blast the side of the mountain (ahem!  Arsenal! Could you warn us first?)  Just background noise.  Like the TV.
But I've discovered, there is nothing on during the day.
Never watched Soap Operas - well, except for one year in high school.  But they're extinct anyhow.
Don't care for game shows.
Besides, I'm working.  I don't need to "watch" anything.
Just listen.
Perfect solution for me is QVC. 
                                                                             Credit
Yes, I'm a closet QVC shopper.  I wouldn't consider my fanatic.  But considering I only wear certain type of mineral makeup that's not cheap, you can get a heck-of-deal on QVC.  And that was IT.  Nothing else.
But I've caught myself buying more and more lately.
Sunless tanner.  (That I need for a pale yellow bridesmaids dress.)
Eyeliner (Because they swear it stays on FOREVER and I'm tired of mine being on my eyebrow by 11 am.)
Even hamburgers.  (Because we're on a low carb diet till next Friday.)
I justify it all.  Tip to Mr. DDA: Block the QVC channel.  Next thing you know, I'll be wearing Birkies, headbands, and buy pill bottle magnifiers.  (And yes, you can get all of those on QVC.)  Lol. 
Actually, don't you dare.  Christmas in July is coming up!
Working from home is getting expensive.   I need a better idea for background noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment