Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

Credit
New Year's Eve is always bittersweet for me.  Now that I have kids, I mark each passing year with a bit of sadness at the fact they'll never be these ages again...yada, yada.

But I always look forward to what the new year holds.  Trips are already in the works for next year.  Only 359 days left till Christmas!  2012 is going to be great!

Some people don't make resolutions.  I'm a geek.  I make new ones every year. 

Last year, I made three.

1)  Eat new foods.  This was a fun one that I will be repeating.
2)  Become debt free.  Check.  January 14, 2011 we became weird.  One of the greatest days of my life.
3)  Lose one dress size.  No comment.  :)

As I go into next year, I am still making goals.  Buy fewer shoes.  ;)  (Then again, maybe not.)  Save more.  (If we could ever get our heat pump to act right for more than 6 weeks this may be possible.)  Give more.  Still lose that dress size. 

You have to have goals.  I hear Dave Ramsey say it all the time, "A goal with no deadline is just an ambition.  A goal must have a date."  And that's what's great about the new year.  Setting goals

So what is your, "By this time next year   ____________________________"

If nothing else, we can be thankful we are here to ring in the new year.  For me, everyone I hold dearest is here to celebrate with me.  That counts as success to me.

Happy New Year everyone! 

Be safe tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment