Monday, January 9, 2012

Opree Calls it Multee-Taskin

Now that the Christmas season is past us, I'm determined to get back to blogging more.  I enjoyed it and I missed it.  But if it comes down to blogging for 15 minutes and sleep - I choose sleep!

As we've talked about before, my life is eerily similar to Sweet Home Alabama.  So much so that my sister & I have have entire conversations just using phrases from that movie.  As I sit here trying to keep one eye on the BCS National Championship and attempting to type, it brings to mind the words of the great Pearl Smooter, "Oprah calls it multi-tasking."  Yes, I am multi-tasking.

So, you know that I have three kids.  A 4 year old, a 2 year old, & a 1 year old.  Here is a recent family picture:


Credit
I work full time at a crazy, incredibly high-stress job that I strangely enjoy.  You know that I have a part-time husband.  Meaning he's here only part of the time thanks to his crazy, high stress job that he strangely enjoys.

You know that I go to church three times a week.  No?  Well, I do.  I go to church a lot.  Don't tell anyone, but sometimes I sit back and dream that I turned into a Sunday Morning Christian.  But I then my inner Jiminy Cricket takes over.  (Mine sounds like my grandma, Nanny.) 

Some of you also know we are trying to sell our house. 

This is all a recipe for disaster.

I need to be on medication - a lot of it.  Preferably, not prescribed by Conrad Murray.

Before we had three kids, crazy jobs, a house on the market, etc... we were broke. Probably because we loved to eat out. 

I mean LOVED

I can probably attribute at least 20 of my pounds to Olive Garden's pasta & breadsticks.  (My genealogy says I'm German & Norwegian, but I know an Italian had to be snuck in there somewhere.)

I can tell an Outback steak just by its smell.

Since our life has become a whirlwind of days, we eat out much less.  Like never.  We will occasionally go to the very loud Mexican restaurant with another family who lives almost as crazy a life as we do, but that's only usually once every two months or so.

See, when you have kids, going out isn't fun.  You spend the entire time begging the waitress to bring you a spoon so you can feed the baby, while using your other hand to force feed your three year old his $5 grilled cheese.  By the time you get to your dinner, the bread is hard, the steak is cold, and your other kid spilt milk all in your french fries.

Staying home, inviting friends over is so much calmer and way more enjoyable and, I've discovered, so much easier on the budget.  So, I've decided I'm going to try that a lot more this year. 

Save money and sanity.  "Oprah calls that multi-tasking."

No comments:

Post a Comment