Monday, May 23, 2011

The Big O

I don’t get to watch many movies.  In fact, it took me over 5 nights to finish Julie & Julia. 

My recent attempt is Confessions of a Shopaholic. 

It is a harrrible movie.  No; that’s not a typo.  It’s the southern expression of “horrible.”

It’s painful.  Like ripping a band-aid off slowly.  But I can’t stop watching it.  I have to finish.

Maybe because I can identify a small bit with the main character who can’t stop shopping and writes a personal finance column…all the while having $16,000 in credit card debt.

Attn Mr. DDA: I am not $16,000 in credit card debt.  We are not in any debt.  You can breathe.

But I do have a confession.  Something that is extremely hard for a personal finance guru. 

I overdrafted my bank account. 

GASP!

Ouch.  That hurt. 

More painful than this movie.

I was never “into fashion.”  I paired flip flops with jeans and a t-shirt; and kept the same hand me down Adidas tennis shoes for 8 – yes, EIGHT – years.

I don’t know if I got struck by lightening or what, but I am addicted.  I spend hours at night scouring the web for jersey knit wrap dresses, patent black wedges, and croco embossed hobo bags. 

And thanks to my recent discovery of the amazing world of shoes, bags, & dresses, I overdrafted my bank account.  So my lovely peep toe pumps and my amazing, red, Calvin Klein, knee-length I-haven’t-worn-a-dress-like-this-since-college dress that I was oh-so-thrilled with last week, get to get returned to the store this week. 

What a welcome into the fashion world. 

Bummer.

But more than I hate returning clothes that I love, I hate wasting money. 

Now I get to throw the overdraft fee out my bedroom window. 

If you drive by, maybe you can catch the $10 bill.

At least one of us wouldn't be losing it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment