Monday, May 16, 2011

A French Move

Last night, I was watching Julie & Julia.  As much as that movie was panned by critics, and maybe even tanked, I loved it.   


I love food.  I love cooking.  I love Julia Child.  It was a perfect movie for me.  All about a blog, obviously!

But last night, as I sat there, I was struck with the fact that Julia Child, as a 40+ something year old, MOVED TO FRANCE!

I knew it before, but somehow the gravity escaped me.

Who just ups & moves to France? 

Besides Julia Child and Rachel Green.  (Well, almost moved…until the plane’s phalange was broke and Ross called her and all was happily ever after.)

I want to up & move to France!

I want to up & move to England.  Perhaps this recent obsession was started with the whole Royal Wedding thing and the fact that over there, they get to wear some awesome hats. 

(Obviously, pre-princess Kate – not Beatrice.)

I just want to move 30 minutes away!  All I know is that I need change!!!!!!!!!

Alas, I have a job here.  Not to mention 3 kids.  Not to mention a hermit crab-esque husband who gets grumpy when we’re on vacation too long.  (I know – weird!)

I am convinced some people are born with “the bug.” 

The do-something-totally-different-than-everyone-else-you-know bug. 

I’ve got it and I’ve got it bad. 

I can’t help but feel that I am not meant to run the same old rat race.

I am just not meant to get up every day, work for someone else till I retire and can draw a pension - and be happy.

So while I’m not sure the Lord wants me to attend Le Cordon Bleu, I do know He has something in store for me. 

And I have to start somewhere. 

So I think I’ll finish today. 

Doing what I’m supposed to do. 

Maybe find a hat store and make shrimp provençal for dinner…

And then see where tomorrow takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment