Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day

Friday’s are usually for fun, foodie type posts, but seeing as how today will be the last post before Mother’s Day, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to wish all the mom’s out there a Happy Mother’s day.

I have the most amazing Mom - ever.  Period.
No.  Seriously.

You see growing up, I thought every one was fair.  Honest.  Loyal.  Godly.  Faithful. 

Yeah…pretty much the whole 9 yards. 

She learned it from her mother.  (i.e., The best Nanny – ever.  Period.)

I assumed everyone was like this.

However, over the past few years, I have discovered what a rare breed these two women are.

I may not be well-rested.  I am definitely not skinny.  I’m still not rich. 

But I have three pretty “awesomesauce” kids. 

That are, for the most part, pretty healthy.  Pretty well-behaved.   (Except at church, of course, where they can really embarrass you.)  Pretty smart.  And just overall, pretty much, the best things - ever.  Period.

But if I never get enough sleep again,

If I never wear a size 2 again,

I was never rich, so I can’t say “again.”

But if I don’t accomplish anything else in life, one day, I want them to say that their mommy taught them how to be fair, honest, loyal, Godly and faithful.

Because really, that’s pretty much all that matters – ever.  Period.

Have an awesomesauce* Mother’s Day. 



*Don't ask me, I got it from my sister....

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by Busy at Home, Leah! I loved your comment about wood filler. :)

    It is so true about what is truly important. I hope my kids look back on these years and remember not our decor, or what size I wore, but that I pointed them to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post about your mother and grandmother! Beautiful descriptions....I wish you Happy Mother's Day Too!

    Thanks for stopping by at www.mybluepeacock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete