Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm Alive!!!

Let me tell you, it's been a rough couple of days.  It was touch and go there for a bit, but I think the worst is behind me.

After a lifetime of no allergic reations to ANYthing, I've had reactions to two separate drugs including serious breathing problems.

I ended up in the ER around midnight Tuesday.  This was my doctor:

credit
I'm not kidding.  I'm not quite 30 and this doctor had to be younger than me.  It was so scary.  But he was good and thorough.  And all ended up well.

In all of my downtime in bed, I been tweaking my house plans.  We are supposed to meet with our contractors this weekend

Floor 1

Floor 2
Now, it's not exactly perfect, but you get the idea.  I think I'm done.  I think I've tweaked it as much as I can tweak it.

I've never built a house before.  Some people swear I'll be annoyed with the fact my garage isn't right next to my kitchen.  Some people say I will want my bedroom with all the kids' rooms.  (Um...pretty sure that won't be the case.)

I've actually already sketched out my furniture layout.  I'm no decorator.  That was not one of my gifts.  Mr DDA already wants me to pick out paint swatches.  Aahh!!!  And I tell him, "Honey - we can pay people for that." 

Most of you follow my sister's blog and know that she has wicked interior design skills.  But she can't do a tax return to save her life.  (ok - well, maybe to save her life, but you get my point.)

This whole process terrifies me and excites me at the same time.  The one common denominator I hear from everyone that has built a house is, "It was the most stressful thing I've ever been through." 

But at least I have all you to vent to. 








I'm gonna need to find a therapist...

No comments:

Post a Comment