Friday, April 15, 2011

Foodie Fridays

I love Top Chef! 

Top Chef All-Stars, Masters, Dessert…all things Top Chef.  It’s made me a “foodie.” 

I want to go to Craft Steakhouse. 


A culinary trip through Italy is on my bucket list.

I would eat almost anything made by Richard Blais. 

The man makes bone marrow sound incredibly delicious. 

If he made Rocky Mountain oysters, I would probably eat them.

(Don’t know what a Rocky Mountain oyster is?  Google it.)

And I am DYING to make a trip to his restaurant, Flip Burger.

Alas, the nearest Flip Burger is 6 hours from my house.

In fact, I’m at least an hour from any up-town, high price restaurant. 

This is actually a good thing. 

A VERY good thing.

Not just for my waistline, but also for my wallet. 

If this were not the case, I would probably blow my budget, as well as all my weight loss goals. 

However, one of my New Year’s resolutions was to eat more often varied foods.

And now that I’m thinking about it, my resolutions are all counter-productive.  

I mean really, how does one eat more varied foods while trying to lose weight AND stick to a budget?

I'm still not sure, but I can tell you this....

If Mesa Grill has a buy one, get one free coupon, on low calorie dish of “something” sous vied with a remoulade of “that”…I’m all in!


In the meantime, I will be featuring low cost/semi-healthful meal solutions on Fridays to get me through my Foodie Phobia.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment