Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Pet Peeves

I love Wednesdays in my blogger life.  I get to talk about whatever.  Sorry you have to be a victim to it today.

I have a couple pet peeves in this world.

1.                  Stay at home moms who complain about how busy they are.  I understand it’s tiring.  I understand it’s hard work.  But get off Facebook and be thankful you get an extra 10 hours a day with your kids the rest of us don’t. 
2.                  Hypocrites.  It’s almost amusing to watch one time “besties”, then arch-enemies, now be “besties” again and expect the rest of the world to forget about the time they drug each other’s names through the mud.  Sounds like 12 year old girls, right?  Sadly, no….
3.                  Those who don’t work and expect us to pay them to stay home.  I’m not talking about the bona fide disabled - just the lazy and entitled.
4.                  Mispronunciation of words, “Ax” instead of “ask.”  “Pacifically” instead of “specifically.”  “Li-bary” instead of “library.”  And “birfday” instead of “birthday.”  It’s like nails on a chalk board to me.  I literally want to stop people in mid-conversation and ask who taught them to read.
5.                  And realtors.  Period.

I hate realtors. 

Correction. 

I detest realtors. 

(That being said, I found one I love…who happens to have my house listed.  If you’re reading, I love you, Donna!)

Over the past couple of years, we’ve bought & sold a couple pieces of property and dealt with a handful of realtors.  And most of them left a bad taste in my mouth.

Reason One:  Most of them want too much money.  These days, they want you to pay them thousands of dollars for simply posting your home on a website.  Techy can do that for about 1/128th the price.   It’s fast, easy money when the real estate market is booming.  So is prostitution.  Doesn’t mean we should all do it. 

Reason Two:  They have too much time on their hands.  One realtor wrecked a marriage of a very dear friend of mine.  Purely personal.  J  I know, it’s not fair to judge the whole barrel by one apple.

Reason Three:  Who else writes off their hair cuts, manicures, and business suits as a business expense?

Reason Four: They act like they’re doing you a favor by selling your house.  Last time I checked, if you list my house, I’m your employer.  I get that the market is down, but you need to get your attitude in check.  Be realistic, but I don’t want to employ you if you have that same bad attitude when you show my house.

And lastly…

Reason Five: Contracts.  Break a contract with them.  Your happy rear-end will be in court.  (Again, ever see People’s Court?)  However, they can break contracts without ramification.  (Reference pet peeve #2 – hypocrites.)  Case in point, my parents got a contract on their home.  Less than 5 hours before they were to sign the papers, the buyer backs out.  And get this, the buyer wass a REALTOR!    How’s that for sick & twisted?  Didn’t do much to improve my opinion of them.

So on my list of least favorite people, realtors rank below the royal family, but have hope!  They’re still above the UVA football team, Chris Matthews, Nancy Pelosi, doctors at Planned Parenthood, the inventor of shiftwork…

No comments:

Post a Comment