Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Sincerely Apologize

On day 1 of this blog, I promised myself and my tiny following I would be honest.

Monday, I said something in my blog that has haunted me the last two days.  And I have to correct it.

I said, "I could afford those shoes."

Almost like a spoiled brat.

I can't afford $275 shoes. 

I don't need $275 shoes.  I want $275 shoes.  I've got three kids three and under who I hope can go to a Christian school, who I hope one day will go to college.  I've got a husband who will probably have to retire in his 50's.  There are missionaries out there who could feed their village for a month with $275.

I'm almost ashamed I even posted about it.  I don't know what I was thinking. 

I came to this realization in two ways.

A) If I could afford those shoes, really afford, I would just buy them.  Never thinking twice.  Like I do toothpaste.

B) When I'm a millionaire *one day* I can be proud of my $275 shoes because I will have worked hard, saved hard, and not be embarrassed at all.

You're probably wondering if I fell down and lost consciousness. 

No, I think I finally regained consciousness.   Thanks for bearing with me through my (almost) lapse in judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment