Friday, July 29, 2011

Poor or Broke (Aka My Pet Peeves - Part II)

I'm a pretty easy going person.

 I used to say, before I met my wonderful amazing husband who is my soul mate, that I could just about marry any man that was a Christian.

And wasn't a democrat!  
Credit
It takes a LOT to get on my nervers.

We've talked about some of my pet peeves previously.

--Realtors.

--Misprununciation of birTHday.  (Not birfday.)

--I've changed my Stay At Home Mom pet peeve. 

Seems like they finally got the message and decided to stop telling the world how busy they are.  Now, apparently, they like to remind the rest of the working world that it's 1:00 and they're going to take a nap.  You have to have at least two kids to deserve to broadcast your nap time; and that's even a stretch. 

Three is acceptable. 

Four kids or more, you should be darn proud of yourself for getting a nap.  Brag all you want; you've earned the right to broadcast your nap time. 

-- Being told Christians can't talk about their faith, but we must listen and promote everyone else's.  Grr.  Don't even get me started.  I'm all for equality - not suppression.

But here's my latest...

I know you were dying to find out.

The Broke Whiners

You know who they are. 

They constantly complain to anyone who will listen about how broke they are.

Yet, they're on the third new car in 4 years.

They buy new appliances when the old ones get dirty.

They can't remember the last time they cooked their own dinner.

They're on their sixth trip this year - but they don't consider them vacations and like to remind everyone else they're not taking vacation because THEY'RE POOR.

And they remind us all - THEY'RE POOR.

I've been that person before.  Sometimes, I'm still that person.

And they drive me crazy.

Because when I think about it, the genuinely poor don't usually talk about it. 

They're usually working too hard to keep their electric on,

In the meantime, I need to go worry about whether to book the clowns, magicians, or petting zoo for my baby's 1st birTHday.

Just kidding...

No comments:

Post a Comment