Monday, July 11, 2011

Frustrated

So a week from today, we'll here...


Otherwise, known as my favorite place on earth.

This year, we got a larger than normal tax refund...thanks to baby #3.

And I specifically set money aside for our vacation. 

Today...one week before we are beachside, we slashed that vacation budget in half.

See, we had to replace a heat pump a couple months back. 

That drained our savings.

Over the last few months, we built it back up.

Then, we had to get new tires.

Ding to the savings.

Then my brother gets married and (graciously) asks 4 out 5 of us to be in the wedding...

And the wedding was in Michigan...hundreds of miles away.

Can you say "Ka-ching?"

T-bone crash dent to the savings.

Since we seem to be spinning our wheels lately, half of our vacation budget got gutted and put back into savings.

I mean, I'm thankful we have a vacation budget.

But sheesh - I thought when we became debt free it would all be so much easier.  How did I ever afford debt in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment