Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Miscarriage of Justice

On Thanksgiving Day 2010, my one and only boy went missing.  He had just turned three and I thought he was finally big enough to hang out with his older cousin unsupervised.  He was only missing for about 15 minutes, but I assure you it was the longest 15 minutes of my life.

As we searched, I stared at the road in front of my grandparent's house and thought, "Surely he couldn't have made it there unseen.  Surely he couldn't have gotten kidnapped without any of us noticing."

We eventually found him by the side of their pond.  I think I was almost more terrified by the thought of him slipping into that water than by him being kidnapped.  His guardian angel was working overtime that day.  I still look at that pond and think what could have happened and how gracious my God was to me that day.

I think we all are, to quote Juror #3, sick to our stomachs over the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial.  As a mother, every thing that woman did defies the natural instinct of a mother.  I usually am a champion of rights, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but I believe the writers of the Constitution are rolling over in their graves today.  I do not, for a minute believe this is what they intended when they wrote the law.

While I believe the prosecutors could not make their case for a premeditated murder, I sincerely believe those idiots jurors had every piece of evidence necessary to convict on Murder 2 or manslaughter.  I firmly believe these jurors were motivated by greed - not justice.

A sick, distgusting woman will likely walk free tomorrow and make millions off killing her child.  Badly done, Florida; badly done.

And yet, I find it odd at the nations' outcry over the killing of this child when millions of "children" are killed every year and it's called a woman's right?  Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment