Monday, August 1, 2011

I am Super Girl. And I'm Here to Save Your WORLD.

Today, I went into my bosses’ office and said, “I want to buy a bigger house.  And I want some plastic surgery.  And my son wants to go to Disney World next year.  You have to give me more money.”

Just kidding.

But that’s kinda what Congress is doing to the American people.

They’ve decided they want this, that, and the other.  And when the budget can’t pay for it, they want a raise from the American people.

As part of the debt ceiling agreement, Congress must vote on a Balanced Budged Amendment. 

(Which, if passed, still must be ratified by the states since it will be an amendment to our Constitution.)

Unfortunately, this amendment is highly unlikely to pass.

Because our government cannot support a balanced budget.  Not without some serious retooling of the budget.


We simply do not have enough money coming in to pay everything we have going out.

They have to take the same approach to their budget as we do our personal budgets.  When there isn’t enough money, you either have to increase income or decrease expenses.

The majority, including our President, has decided the only solution is to increase income.

Funny thing, in this economy, you can’t increase income.  Actually, as backwards as it seems, if the government needs more money, they need to cut the corporate tax rates.  I’ll spare you the details, but that would incentivize more companies to move here and, therefore, pay taxes here.  More companies equal more jobs.  More jobs means more taxpayers employed.  More employment means more taxes.  See, more income?

Easy, peasy…

If that seems just too complicated, then you have to reduce spending. 

But even that seems impossible to Congress.

They don’t want to single out anything to get cut.

So, here’s my proposal.

Reduce the government spending to 2008 levels.  During the election, everyone cried how extravagant the spending was then so that should be an appropriate level.  Then do a 1% cut across the board.  1% is a drop in the bucket.  Then every year, cut another 1% till we’re in the black.

I know you’re sitting there in awe of my genious-ness.

I can’t help it.  I was born with it.

Just kidding…but when I run for Congress, this will be my platform. 

Maybe I should patent it..

No comments:

Post a Comment