Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jason Aldean - Need I Say More?

If you know me at all, you know I love a lot of people and things.  I've talked about all of them on this blog - except one.  And to get to know me, you have to know this about me.

I try to keep it in the closet.  I like to come off as polished and professional.  And not at all the country bumpkin I was raised.  But there are very few priorities in my life that I am absolutely passionate about:

1.  My husband & kids
2.  My family
3.  My church
4.  My friends
5.  Jason Aldean

I should have been in the music industry.  Not as a singer.  Ugh.  I'm horrible.  But like a music manager or something.  I can pick the winners from the beginning.  I've always known who was going to make it and who wasn't.

And I picked him...


credit
 I saw him at a teeny tiny country fair when he had one single out and no one hardly cheered till he covered Guns 'N Roses and Sweet Home Alabama.  I was there on business and we stayed in the same hotel.  A Comfort Inn.  (Doubt he's staying in too many of those lately.)

I'm sorry - can we just stare at the picture for a minute?

Ok...back to the blog.

He became my favorite - which was a big deal for someone who did not listen to country music.  In fact, I detested country music. 

In the past five years, I've seen Jason Aldean more times than I can count.  (Really, I have lost count.)  And I don't even attempt to add up the money I've spent on tickets & gas to his concerts.  (I could have probably bought my Christian Louboutin's with that money.)

But I love the artists when they're brand new and they'll sign autographs for hours.  They're thrilled when they're recognized in Walmart. 

He's a big boy now.  Selling out arenas and amphitheaters once reserved for only the biggest names in the music industry.


So proud, but kinda sad.  Like how I felt about watching my big boy going to preschool today.  (Yes, this is a shameless plug to show off my kiddo.)

Jason Aldean single handedly turned me back on to country music.

And empty's my wallet twice a year!

If you ask anyone who knows me what's on my iPod - they're going to say Jason.  All four albums. 

Just thought I'd let you in on my secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment