Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Secret Money Crushes

All this talk about putting needs before wants, is good and all.  But honestly, I have a few (ridiculously lavish) things in my life that I secretly really, really want. 

They are not a need.  (Front tooth – need; jaguar – want.)  But I still really want them.  Will I ever get them?  Hopefully.  Soon?  Nah.  (Again college fund – need; Tiffany earrings – want.)  But I’m going to share them anyway!!!

I want a Louis Vuitton Bucket Tote.


I want a pair of black peep toe high heels by Christian Louboutin.  (You know the amazing ones with the red soles?)  Love them!!!!  Even though I know I’d break an ankle in them.


I want to stay in a Presidential Suite in the Grand Floridian at Walt Disney World.


Will any of these things ever happen in my life?  Probably not.

I will probably never have an occasion to wear 4” heels and, more than likely, no one would ever appreciation my $900 Christian Louboutins.  Last time I checked, Carrie Bradshaw doesn’t attend my church.

So, I’ll stick with my $40 Mary Jane Clarks.

Some of the women in my circle of friends would know if I got a “Louis.”  They’d probably even be savvy enough to tell the difference between an $80 knock off and the $500 real thing.  But they’re more impressed with a new $40 Vera Bradley.

Paying $1950/night for a room seems ridiculous when you can splurge on Savannah room in the Animal Kingdom Lodge.  But until I stop paying the mortgage or for daycare, I'll be at the $89/night uber-crowded All-Star resort.

Do I actually need any of these things?  Nah… 

But one day, you’ll see me…at the Grand Floridian in my Christian Louboutins with my Louis over my shoulder…probably riding a motorized scooter and wearing a LifeAlert necklace being thankful that I lived like no one else now, so that I could live like no one else later!

No comments:

Post a Comment