Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Turkey Day Eve...Eve

These next few days, I'm going to write about 5 different things I'm thankful for.  Don't worry - They will get more serious the closer to Thanksgiving we get...

1.  The Virginia Law Enforcement Memorial license plate.

Credit
First & foremost, $15 of the annual fee go to a fund to support fallen officers's families - which I'm all about.  Secondly, these plates tend to be purchased by law enforcement officers & family.  And maybe, just maybe, while I don't know this for 100% fact - it may have kept me from getting pulled over once or twice.

2.  GHOST HUNTERS!!!

Credit
This is my secret vice.  I know it's not Christian-ly correct to love ghost stories, but I do.  I love ghost stories, I love ghost hunts, I love ghost tours.  Love!  Love!  Love!  When I become famous, I am sooo asking to go on a hunt with these guys.  I will cry like a baby and may mess my pants, but it would be a dream! 

3.  TURKEY

I can seriously inhale some turkey & gravy.  I love it so much, my mom would make it any weekend I could come home from college.  My grandma would make it for my birthday.  Now that I'm grown, I only get it on Thanksgiving.  I'll skip every side dish on the entire table for 2nd & 3rds (and maybe 4ths) on the turkey & gravy. 

4.  Amoxicillin


This is the greatest thing in the world.  Ear infection - CURED.  Strep Throat - CURED.  Black Plague - CURED.  Where would we be without Amoxicillin?  Who knew a little mold could fix so much.  :)  How did the pioneer women do it without Amoxicillin?  I'm a paranoid, hypochondriac mother as it is now - I can't imagine not having antibiotics.

5.  The Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special

Credit
I love all things Charlie Brown.  Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Christmas 2, love them all!  Except this one really sad one I watched when I was a kid about Snoopy who visited this little girl with cancer.  Very heavy for a 10 year old to understand. 


So, there are my 5 Frivolous Things I'm thankful for.  As I said, I'll get more serious the closer we get to the big day.  It's good to be thankful - in all things - even turkey!


No comments:

Post a Comment