Thursday, July 26, 2012

DDA Memorial Run

Most of you know, that I, Sarah DDA, have taken up the sport of running.

I say that lightly because I know true "runners" and they don't consider what I do as "running."

But back in April, we got a treadmill and I started using it.  And I got half decent at it.

Now, to appreciate this, you must understand that this girl didn't run...ever.




(I'm giving an emphatic pause here to let that sink it...)




Not in high school when I was a pretty good athlete.

Not my senior year when I weighed in at a whopping 98 pounds.

Not in college when I juggled a job, 20+ credit hours, playing softball and volleyball.

Never.

So when I worked up to 2 miles, I was downright proud of myself.

Then I blew out my knee.

♫ ♫ Da da dun. No fun.

Since then, I have had to start all over.

With a little motivation from my sister...

She even told me that for my 30th birthday she was going to pay my entrance fee into a 5k.  I didn't even know how many miles was in a 5k.

I do now though.

(By the way, sis, not much of a birthday gift...grumble, grumble.)

But since I won't embarrass myself, I've started "training" for my marathon. (I know it's not actually a marathon...but 3.1 miles IS a marathon for me. )

I had originally asked for these for my birthday...
I know; I know... Where am I ever going to wear these?

 But it looks like I'm gonna need these instead.
I guess they're ok...

Not nearly as pretty as the first shoe, but I'm not sure the "Romance Sandal" would do me much good during my 5k.

So, I think I've figured out how to have both. 

For my birthday, we're going to have a DDA Memorial Run.  (You don't have to be dead to have a memorial event.  What fun is that?)

You can all come; pay a $25 registration fee.  (I'm nice like that.)

And all the proceeds will go towards a wonderful charity that focuses on buying me my new shoes!




Well, I thought it was funny....




Grumble, grumble...

No comments:

Post a Comment