Friday, July 27, 2012

Hannah Update (Vol. 6547896510)

Ladies & Gentlemen

(Ok - who are we kidding?  Thanks to my previous blog about shoes, I have officially ran off the few men that read this blog.)

We are officially halfway.

Hannah has made it six weeks.  Six lllllloooooonnnnnngggg weeks.

But she has been amazing.  Honestly, I couldn't ask for a better patient.

Today was her cast change "surgery."  (It's not technically surgery because they don't do any cutting on her, but it's in the OR under anesthesia...I'm not sure what else to call it.)

I was oh-so-thankful, because let's face it.  6 weeks in a cast that you are expected to never get wet (ahem! bathroom???) 

She stunk!

Love her heart, she stunk.

She was going to get her first full body bath in 6 weeks.  And an x-ray would be done of her hips to see how the progress was going.

Me and my lovely friend, Heather, took Hannah-Banana to the hospital ridiculously early this morning.  (Mr. DDA was watching Thing 1 & Thing 2.)

(I think the hospital staff thought Heather & I were a couple.  They asked me if I wanted my "partner" to come back with us.  Lol!)

We got a mixed bag of results. 

1)  Positive - Hannah's skin in all the areas that we couldn't clean, was holding up nicely. 
2)  Negative - Hannah's skin in her groin area was not so great.  But we can use medication on that.  (Just to defend myself - it literally happened overnight because everything was great when she went to bed.)
3)  Positive - Hips are still in their socket.  (THIS IS HUGE!  All of this would be for naught if they had slipped out.)  And we'd have to start all over.
4)  Negative - Hannah's hip joints are extremely shallow.  We are probably facing more surgery in 2 or so years.  (I'm not even wasting worrying effort on this.  Too much good in my life to worry about something 2 years away.)
5)  Positive - Hannah should be able to walk after her cast comes off.  This would be amazing if true.  Doctor firmly believes she won't need any physical therapy.  Whoop!  Whoop!
6)  Negative - Hannah will require leg braces - but only at night so I'd say it was a neutral.

Over all, I really am happy with the news. 

I can't ask for a better little girl.  She has just been so brave through all of this. 

Her daddy, Mr. DDA (lest the blue eyes give anyone any questions...), has been so helpful.  I'm so proud to call him mine. 

Our friends have been just beyond thoughtful.  The texts, the balloons, the time...  It's been hard trying to juggle who is keeping her what days.  We've had so many people volunteer to help with her.  I'm overwhelmed. 

As I go to bed tonight, I know I've still got a lot going on outside this house that I'm trying to sort through, but I am going to sleep tonight with such a grateful heart.

For all that I have been blessed with. 

For all that I have been given.

And for all of you.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement.  I'll leave you with a picture of our happy camper in her special carseat.  (Also, loaned from a friend - Thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment