Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm Buying a Box

I'm buying a house.

No, maybe a refrigerator.

Or two.

But just for the boxes.

Because I'm going to need a home.
Credit
Because I'm not going to be able to afford my current one..

Because I'm going to quit my job.

Credit
Because at the moment, I'm really tired of being the tax lady.

I'm really tired of telling hard working people who barely make ends meet that they're going to owe over $10,000 because their union didn't bribe a congressman enough to get a loophole in the tax code.

I'm really tired of preparing returns for people really don't do much of anything and see them walk away with $8000 for doing nothing productive in society the year before.

Can we just talk about the Earned Income Credit people?

It's welfare. 

There I said it.

It's welfare.  We, yes - you too, are paying people to work as little as possible and yet, have as many children as possible.

I despise that credit.

I H-A-T-E that credit.

Because a family of 5 making less than approximately $45,000 a year can literally owe NO tax in the first place and yet get thousands of dollars from the government.

And people who get the credit know that and work the minimum amount to get the maximum credit.

But I can't quit.

Because I'm married to a cop.

(An awesome one at that.)

And incaseyoudidn'tknow, cops make nothing - well, pretty much.

And if I did quit, we'd qualify for the Earned Income Credit.

And that would just be an oxymoron wouldn't it?

But I still want a refrigerator box.

Because who didn't love a playhouse in their living room?

Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment