Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Went on a Hike!

I did something today.

Something I haven't done since high school.

I hiked the Cascades.

It's a 4 mile hike.  (Two miles up; two miles down.)

Like I said, last time I did this was when I weighed all of 98 pounds.

Not quite as easy now.

But the pay off was amazing.

Yes!  That's me!
I don't know what came over me today.  I was sitting at my desk about 10:00 and thought, "I really don't want to be here today."  (To be honest, I usually think that every day at 10:00.)

At first I thought, Mr. DDA is off.  We could go to lunch.  Have a mini-date.

But after yesterday's dilemma, I thought it best we save that money.  And since I'm trying to find middle ground between my high school weight and my now weight, I thought it best I save those calories.

It cost us $3.  We had a blast.

But at the halfway point, my husband (who had never seen the falls) said, "You ready to go back?"

I said, "NO!!!  We have to keep going.  Just wait till you get to the top!"

Even though we are still technically debt free (I'll explain how we're paying this bill later), after yesterday, I feel like we're at the halfway point again.

It's would be just as easy to turn back as to keep going. 

Part of me wants to say "Heck with it!"  And call Chase.  (They have Mickey Mouse cards!!!)  And run out and buy shoes, and dresses, and adorable boutique kiddie clothes, and Mr. DDA a tool chest, and pay off this bill, and just live like the rest of the world.  With a credit card payment.

But I've determined we will conquer this thing.

I will burn those calories.  I mean, make those payments.  :)

I've seen the top before, and I want to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment