Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

credit
Hope you had a blast today!

Want to know what I did today?

A BIG FAT NOTHING!

Well, that's not entirely true. 

After my phone strangely went ka-put last night, I went to the local Verizon who promptly told me there was nothing they could do except buy a new one - at $500.  See, apparently, even though my phone is only 8 months old, the warranty only covers the "phone" and the charging port isn't part of the phone, regardless of the fact that you can't use their phone without a working charging port.

Score:  Bad Day 1 -  Sarah 0

(But I did call the most awesome Verizon store ever, ProCom Wireless, who fixed me right up.)

Then, I took my kids to a local Law Enforcement Memorial Parade.  It rained.  But they did get to see their daddy march in the Honor Guard.  I'll call that a tie.

Score:  Bad Day 2 - Sarah 1

Then we came home for nap time.  Where my kids refused to actually sleep at the same time, much to the dismay of their mother who only had about 5/6 hours of sleep the night before.

Score:  Bad Day 3 - Sarah 1

Then we stayed home and celebrated Cinco de Mayo with homemade tortilla soup.  Exciting, right?

I know...not so much.

Why so boring?  Because moi had her screw up of the year and forgot to put a rather large check in the checkbook register.  And when the family had all this "extra" money, she bought her husband an iPad.  Yeah...not really feeling like doing the Cha-cha right now.

Score:  Bad Day 603 - Sarah 1

Oh - and on top of all this - yours truly was investigated this week by the our IA dept.  Why?  Because when their piece of trash computer refused to read the CD they gave me to do 98% of my research, I got a program from a friend that would maybe, just maybe, get it to work.  Turns out, the thumb drive he gave me had some other not-so-kosher programs on it.  (Get your mind out of the gutter - not those kind of programs.)

Score:  Bad Week 1503 - Sarah 1

Back to today...

Then since my husband worked 10-10 today, I did everything...alone...except for the three kids, four years old and under.

So, I bathed my kids.  Girls first.  Then the boy.  I turned my back for a minute and then this happened...

Fully dressed...in the bathtub.
Yep - the one with hip problems climbed in by herself.

Score?  Bad Day: 1803 - Sarah: 1




So, as you can tell, this really hasn't been a banner day for me.  But I hope you had your fill of chips, salsa, and celebration! 



But hopefully, you had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment