Tuesday, May 29, 2012

KA-BOOM!


A little bombshell has rocked our world…

Most of you have read about Hannah and her upcoming procedures…   

Well, we’ve been going on the assumption that after Hannah’s surgery, she would return to daycare.

Turns out, this is going to be a lot more work than even we originally thought.  There is a very strong possibility I will have to take 3 months off work to care for Hannah.

Now, don’t get me wrong, three months with my baby girl sounds like Heaven.  Nobody will take care of her like her momma. 

But those three months are going to be without pay.  That’s a problem when the primary breadwinner is also the primary caretaker.


AND we recently depleted our savings – thanks to selling our house (we lost a couple thousand, instead of breaking even,)  thanks to taxes (those dern taxes – yes, even I have to pay taxes!) and thanks to a vacation that we’ve already bought & paid for.  

Thanks Murphy.  This couldn’t happen last year when we were sitting on a fully funded emergency fund. 

But we're trimming....




We’ve already trimmed a lot out of the vacation.  Any more trimming and we’d be paying more than saving.

We are still going, though.

I don’t know what else to do.  Cancel the trip?  How is that fair to the other two kids that have been counting down?  Reschedule?  My little man starts Kindergarten this fall.  So that’s out.  (Dave would be so unhappy with me.)

Ugh…life sucks sometimes.  (Mom – I’m sorry.  I know you don’t like it when I use “sucks.”)

There’s just no way to plan for these moments.  And I know it will work out.  We will get through it; God always gets you through it.  And honestly, I have to step back when I start fretting and think this is so small compared to others' issues. 

But I'm a nerd.  I have to plan it on paper before I know how we're going to get through it.  And this time I don't know. 

Extreme couponing?  Probably.

Begging, bartering, & borrowing?  Yep.

Free-loading - sign me up.

Selling my soul to the democrats- oh! I mean devil - that's where I draw the line!

If we get desperate, I might even have to sell my shoes! 

I’ll let you know if I have a yard sale.

Just promise me that I can buy my shoes back one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment