Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Frozen Money

You know who has amazing ice?

Sonic.

I love Sonic ice.

Small and round.  Perfect for eating.

Reminds me of the Holiday Inn iced tea that I used to drink with my Aunt Peggy when I was about 8.

You know who else has great ice?

Sheetz.

Their ice is rectangular, but hollow.  Perfect for crushing without chewing.

And certain McDonalds, Burger Kings, & O‘Charley’s.  It’s especially good when it’s down to the bottom of the ice machine and it’s all small and piece-y.

Bad ice – Chick-fil-A, Wendy’s, Outback, and Olive Garden.

Oohhh.  The thousands of dollars I’ve spent in ice.  Well, I don’t know if it’s actually thousands.  But probably close. 

And when I find a place with good ice – I crave it.  It’s the closest I’ll ever come to knowing what’s it’s like to have a nicotine addiction. 

Even now, just *talking* about it, makes me want it.  I literally get almost a metal taste in my mouth till I eat ice.

I developed a bad habit of eating ice when I was pregnant with my second child.  But I have extremely sensitive teeth.  Cant even bite a popsicle.  So I have to crush ice with my tongue. 

A medium cup at Sheetz filled with 7/8 ice
and
1/8 Diet Dr.
Pepper costs me $1.42.  So, I probably spent $250 in frozen water last year.

Ashamed?  Yes.  I could’ve done a lot with $250.  It used to be a couple tanks of gas.  (Now – probably one!)  But $250 groceries for a couple weeks.  And I spent that in ice.  I’ve cut my ice addition down to once (ok – maybe twice) a week.

I’m considering starting a spin-off group named Ice Eaters Anonymous.  Wonder if I can get on TLC for that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment