Friday, June 8, 2012

And Here Come the Tears

So, we're on our way home. We're technically not even out of the city and I'm already crying.

It's already hard enough to leave your favorite place on earth. But this year, it's so much harder.

I told myself I wasn't going to worry about Hannah's surgery til after vacation. Like for some reason, that would make it never get here.

And it came.  Despite my wishing it never would arrive, it did. And now all I have staring back at met is that. That horrible awful thing of Hannah's surgery.

To be honest, I'm not sure I've ever seen her so happy. I mean, ridiculously happy. A wave would come and bowl her over and she'd get up and scream,  "Moowah." (More. )

She loved it. She loved the ocean, she loved the pool, she loved Disney and Mickey.

She loved every moment of this trip. And oddly, it wasn't planned for her at all.

My heart actually hurts tonight. My chest feels like I have an elephant on it.

I hope that as we go through the next couple months, I'll look back on these pictures and hold on to these happy memories.

It really was the perfect trip at the perfect time in my perfect place.

Till next year...



No comments:

Post a Comment