Monday, June 4, 2012

Have a Magical Day!

It's 3:30 in the morning.

And I'm up.

I'm usually a pretty solid sleeper, so I'm not a big fan of insomnia.

No one is on Facebook at 3:30. No one is on Google Chat. 3:30 in the morning pretty much stinks.

In about two hours, I'll round up my family for an exhausting, but exciting two days at the "most magical place on earth."

Or so they say.

I'm excited for the kids. We've been counting down to this for almost a year.

I'm not particularly excited for my wallet. Not sure why the most magical place on earth has to be so darn expensive. But it'll be fine.

How many times have I said that lately? 

"It'll be fine."

That's my bumper sticker for life. As long as it's not my kids, Mr. DDA, or my family...it'll be fine.

Your daughter will be in a body cast for three months..."It'll be fine."

You'll need to go three months without pay... "It'll be fine."

You're being investigated at work for trying to fix their  piece of junk computer..."It'll be fine."

You've already gained 5 pounds in two days of vacation... "It'll be fine."

Your son starts Kindergarten in less than three months... "It'll be fine."

You turn 30 this year... "It'll be fine."

Your husband has the man-flu on vacation... "It'll be fine."

If I sit down and actually think about the stresses in my life, it can quickly get overwhelming.

But you know, this stuff doesn't just happen to me.

If you ran down your list of stresses, I'd need a Xanax by the time you were done.

So I put my stresses on here for the world to see and then forget about them...sorta.

Mr. DDA and I celebrated 8 years of marriage last week. We honeymooned in this same place we're at now.

Already, I've thought back to when we were here then and how much less we had to worry about then.

With 5 months to go before our wedding, we called off our engagement. And with 2 months to go, we called it back on. (That's not proper english I know.) My attitude then... "It'll be fine."

When I'm on my death bed my last words will be "It'll be fine."

And it will be. It all will be. Because He likes me.

Hope you guys have a magical day. (That's what they say every time you call customer service.)

If you don't, that's OK too... it'll be fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment