Thursday, June 21, 2012

Update on Hannah

Before I get all in to tonight's post, I wanted to give you a quick update on Hannah.

First, she did not have to have the invasive surgery.  The doctor was able to move her hips in place without actually having to cut her open.  That was praise #1!

Praise #2 - Hannah is doing amazing in her cast.  I mean, I expected H - E - double hockey sticks for the first two weeks.  Hannah has not complained about her cast at all.  I mean, not even once.  It's been an absolute miracle. 

This will kinda give you an idea of what she looks like.  The ridge on her chest is where it starts. 


It's been so hot and we have to be oh-so-careful with her and the heat that we've pretty much hung out inside.  But after realizing she would fit in a stroller, I did take her on some errands yesterday.  People stare and it makes me self conscious, but Hanwah just waves and says, "Hiy!" in an extremely thick southern accent.

It is a lot of work.  Even though I knew it would be, it's still more work that I expected.  Mommy & Daddy are tired and haven't had a minute to ourselves.  BUT those are such minor complaints.  Seeing Hannah so happy has made it so, so much easier. 

People have brought food and dinners.  I've been overwhelmed with text messages.  Thank you all for your prayers.  We covet them and beg for more.

One week down!  Whoop!  Whoop

No comments:

Post a Comment